LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF PSALM 95:8-9(NASB) Re Edited
"Do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah, As in the day of Massah in the wilderness, "When your fathers tested Me, They tried Me, though they had seen My work. "
10 CONSEQUENCES OF A HARDENED HEART.
KEY :HEB 4:7 (MSG) God keeps renewing the promise and setting the date as today, just as he did in David’s psalm, centuries later than the original invitation:Today, please listen, don’t turn a deaf ear . . .
1. A hardened heart cannot receive from God .Isaiah 44:18 (NIV)"They know nothing, they understand nothing; their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand."
2.A hardened heart prefers to work with what he/she can understand .prov 3:5(NLT)"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."
3. A hardened heart is never a friend of Jesus .John 15:14(NASB)""You are My friends if you do what I command you.
4. A hardened heart is a heart that refuses to yield to the voice of God . Matt 15:8 (NIV)"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."
5.A hardened heart only believes what he sees with his physical eyes. John 20:29(NIV)"Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
6.A hardened heart is a heart devoid of the spirit of joy. And without joy , there is no rope to draw out the promises of God in scripture. Isaiah 12:3(NIV)"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation."
7. A hardened heart will doubt everything, even the simplest instruction. Matt 14:31(NIV)"Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
8.A hardened heart is devoid of God 's love . How? Love believes all things.1 cor 13:7 (ESV)"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
9. When you fail to forgive , your heart becomes hardened. Eph 4:18" Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:"
10. A hardened heart can keep you in your wilderness , for some time , until there a change. Heb 3:8"Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:"
PRAYER : Father break me and give me a heart of flesh in Jesus name , Amen.
You will testify ! in Jesus name , Amen.