LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF 1 PETER 5:10 (NLT)
"In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation
10 KEYS WHY YOUR SUFFERING/PAIN IS JUST FOR AWHILE (UNLOCKING THE MYSTERY OF THIS VERSE OF SCRIPTURE)
1. Obedience - The first thing we learn in our "suffering" is obedience . Jesus our Master learnt this in His suffering/pain .Heb 5:8 (NLT)" Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered."even to the point of His death. Phil 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.". Now what is the reward we get if we are willing to follow this route ? A crown of Life .wow. Rev 2:10b (Amp)" Be loyally faithful unto death [even if you must die for it], and I will give you the crown of life." I would talk about this crown of life some other time. but a little hint is like " think it and it will manifest "level of sonship". The reason why we go through this obedience test is simply because of the enormous blessing after that . Rev 3:21 (Amp)"He who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant him to sit beside Me on My throne, as I Myself overcame (was victorious) and sat down beside My Father on His throne." whatever you say then "anything" like Jesus , becomes law. why? you have entered into your level of sonship. And son's have been trained to use their tongue wisely because of the enormous power they now carry.
2. Endurance test - your ability to endure prepares you for the crown .David endured the pain in the book of Psalm 38:8"I am benumbed and badly crushed; I groan because of the agitation of my heart.". Joseph had to endure extra pain for two more years in preparation for the position of a prime minister in Egypt in the book of Genesis 40:23 . Jesus had to endure the pain on the cross in preparation for His ascension to the throne as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords . Phil 2:9,10.(NLT)".Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,."that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,." Now the endurance test must be passed , if you are to ascend to your throne . Who knows you might just be the one He is preparing to rule your country, for that business empire , Ministry .etc. Amen.
3. Humility - pride is a subtle "wild beast" . That it can really hide even inside your "humility", in such a way that you can never see it , until someone has the boldness to tell you .But here is the key - your " suffering" shame , severe persecutions , attacks , kills and tame this wicked spirit called "pride" .why is God so interested in killing this spirit of pride in our lives despite the fact that He hates it . simple ,so when He talks to us we would simply be humble to listen to what He says and obey. 1 Peter 5:5 (ESV)"Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. He speaks to the humble.
4. Love -The first commandment Jesus told us in scripture is to love God with all our heart, soul and mind.(Matt 22:37) .The sufferings ( the pain , delay , stagnation , waiting ,the shame) unlocks the power in us to love Him with all our heart .It is in our suffering/pain we experience how much He loves us and in that broken state our spirit is released to love Him so dearly in return. Now hear this , when that spirit of love enters us , we now in return can fulfill the second commandment to love our neighbors' as ourselves unconditionally. Loving those you know hate you comes from a broken and contrite spirit which only love can bring out in us .How is that ? love knows how to over look faults and endure pain."God is love ". Psalm 51:17(ESV) ".The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." 1 Cor 13 (Msg) love "Puts up with anything". And here is one of the reasons He takes us through this love test to encourage us . Read Proverb 8:21 link it to 1 cor 2:9 I am not going to type it, "lol" If you love Him search the scripture to find out the mystery yourself . lol...I love you too that's why . Amen.
5. Faith - The first key here is simple . Without faith we cannot please Him (Heb 11:6). Why? He is a faith God and the only way we receive from Him is by who He is "God of faith". Now our "suffering" is where He prepares us to receive the promise . Now watch this , until you have being fully prepared, God cannot release the promise /blessing/opportunity to you until the time is right . Isaiah 60:22(NLT)"The smallest family will become a thousand people, and the tiniest group will become a mighty nation. At the right time, I, the LORD, will make it happen.”
6. Prayer - Jesus despite the fact that He was God , was a prayer champion . prayed always .Luke 6:12 (NLT)" One day soon afterward Jesus went up on a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night." Even in agony He prayed to God the more. Luke 22:44(NIV)"And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground" All this He learnt in His "suffering" and it was prayer that brought the needed grace (preparation/right mind set) to go to the cross before God exalted Him. Now this is what "suffering" does , it helps to keep our prayer altar burning. Even after the suffering we are now used to praying, not just praying , but effective praying that brings results . 1 Kings 18:42 (Amp) "So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he bowed himself down upon the earth and put his face between his knees." The rains came because he prepared himself in prayer.
7. Patience -Our patience is developed in our "suffering" . God is a God of patience .Roms 15:5" Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be like minded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:" and it is only natural His kids should be like Him . Eph 5:1(Amp)"Therefore be imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well beloved children [imitate their father]." . And "suffering" is what He uses in developing this in us .Job 36:15(NLT) But by means of their suffering, he rescues those who suffer. For he gets their attention through adversity" you see it now !
8. The power to wait - waiting develops confidence in the promise , waiting brings about persuasion , waiting kills the power or weakens the power of the enemy over us , waiting develops inner strength and "suffering" is what unlocks in us the power to wait confidently.. The reward is enormous . Why? you are "certainly" sure that what you believe will happen . Two scripture for this truth . Roms 8:25 (NLT)" But if we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently." and Heb 11:1 (NLT)"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”
9. Fruits of the spirit (Gal 5:19-23) - It is in our suffering/pain the fruits of the flesh dies (envy , malice , bitterness , anger, adultery etc) and the fruits of the Spirit is developed .(Love , joy , peace , meekness etc) all these is in preparation for a global recognition. How do I know this ? Bible says we are the light (global) of the world Matt 4:14 "Ye are the light of the world.A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid"
10. Finally - suffering is where you learn how to appreciate God and give Him thanks on a regular basis , while the waiting period is still going on. Every time you come out or escape the hand of the enemy in your waiting period or he gives you a good break/blessing, you are like wow... God thank you , thank you, you appreciate Him more and more for helping you . And one of the things thanking Him does to us is , it helps us to confidently know that indeed God is our helper . Amen .Psalm 54:4(NLT)"But God is my helper. The Lord keeps me alive!”
" A man who has been properly trained is not easily moved by challenges . why? he has been there before"
Prayer - Father help me to endure my pains now in preparation for my throne in Jesus name , Amen.
you win . Jesus loves you !!