LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF LUKE 22:31-32 (Re-edited)
"Simon ,Simon (Peter) , Listen! Satan has asked excessively that [all of] you be given up to him [out of the power and keeping of God], that he might sift [all of ] you like grain.But I have prayed especially for you [Peter] ,that your [own] faith may not fail ; and when you yourself have turned again , strenghten and establish your brethren."
10 POWERFUL KEYS - WHEN THE ENEMY DESIRES TO SIFT YOU LIKE GRAIN
1.Rule number 1. There is power in persistence. If the enemy (Satan) can be this persistent in asking excessively, don't even attempt to stop asking (making your definite request known to God ) Phil 4:6 "Amp"Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God." until God gives you your heart desire . Even God encourages us in scripture not to relent in our asking Isaiah 62:6,7 (Amp) " you who [are His servants and by your prayers ] put the Lord in remembrance ] of His promise ], keep not silence. And give Him no rest until He establishes Jerusalem and makes her a praise in the earth".
2. Satan sought for permission to deal with Job in the book of job 1:12 , it was granted; Satan also sought for permission to deal with the disciples of Jesus , it was granted from the above scripture, but Peter escaped because Jesus prayed for Him.What was job's issue - fear , what about the disciples "lack of faith". Lesson - Never brag about what was given to you (your gift) freely by grace . something you never worked for .It might just be the bait your enemy has being waiting to use against you .Prov 16:5 (Amp)"Everyone who is proud and arrogant in heart is disgusting and exceedingly offensive to the Lord;Be assured he will not go unpunished."
3.The enemy is desperate to sift you like grain through his human agents. What is the key - 1 Peter 5:9 (Amp)" But resist him, be firm in your faith [against his attack—rooted, established, immovable], knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being experienced by your brothers and sisters throughout the world. [You do not suffer alone.]"
4. The enemy never gives up easily. What is the lesson here ? even after victory , there is a need for you to still remain steadfast in prayers and worship unto God . Even Jesus was provoked on the cross , just before His ultimate victory over Satan. Luke 23:39 (Amp)" One of the criminals who had been hanged [on a cross beside Him] kept hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us [from death]!”
5.God will reveal His divine secrets to His chosen ones. The other disciples were with Jesus , but they were not privileged to receive this divine information, but Peter was . why? The meek will always have access to divine information . In Luke 5 Peter let his boat to Jesus to preach and in Chapter 22 of the same scripture we saw how Jesus prayed for Him . What is the lesson here , those who have a heart for God and the things of God will always find favour in the midst of calamities .Prov 12:2 (Amp)"A good man will obtain favor from the Lord,But He will condemn a man who devises evil."
6. Peter was favoured above the rest. What is the lesson here - God rewards you according to your labour of love for His church and for Him. Rev 22:12 (Amp)"Behold, I (Jesus) am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, [a]to give to each one [b]according to the merit of his deeds (earthly works, faithfulness).".
7. The enemy knows all things and every power on earth and in heaven comes from one source and that one lives in us "wow" 1 John 4:4 and that one source says fear not I am with you. Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Now listen , never doubt even when you can't see light at the end of the tunnel. It just might be the Lord wants to use a new method to solve your case . Scripture says it in the book of Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
8.Jesus saw something in Peter, He did not see in the rest . So He chose Peter as the one to encourage the rest of the disciples .What did He see ? He saw leadership qualities in Peter . Your character will either promote you or demote you .Psalm 75:6,7 "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south."But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another."
9.If God does not back you up we are like "grain" in the hand of the enemy . The truth is we all need God's backing . Is not about our gifts and talent that we have , but by His mercies that goes ahead of us to secure what we have . If not, we would lose it .Psalm 89:14"Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face."
10. I sum it up this way - Our job is to trust Him , His job is to do it His own way and in His own timing . Isaiah 60:22 (NLT)"The smallest family will become a thousand people, and the tiniest group will become a mighty nation. At the right time, I, the LORD, will make it happen."
Prayer : Father do not allow my faith to fail me as I journey in this race of Salvation in Jesus name , Amen.
You will finish well! God bless you .God bless you !!