LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF LUKE 19:22a (Re-edited)
"And he said unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant."
10 KEYS - WATCH YOUR MOUTH !! .
1. Note : God listens to every word we say ; especially in our trying moments, when we complain , murmur against him , threaten him "lol" ; he listens .Now here is the key - God does not change . If He has promised you , your challenges still cannot stop His promises for your life . So what do you do now ? you still sing His praises even if you haven't gotten that breakthrough "yet" still be encouraged about this truth from the book of Heb 13:5 (Amp)"Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed—be financially ethical], being content with what you have; for He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!”
2.Our words matter to God .Matt 12:37 says "For by thy words thou shalt be justified , and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" . In your trying moments watch it ,the enemy is just waiting for you to deny Jesus , the "truth" so he can use it against you. 2 Cor 2:11(Amp)" to keep Satan from taking advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his schemes."
3.See, it was not the money that the servant was given that brought him into trouble ; but what he said ? If he had apologise or promised to invest the money soonest , maybe the master would have replied him differently . "Your miracle lies in your mouth" . Watch what you say !Prov 18:21 (Amp)"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words."
4.Your words can either promote you or demote you . The other servants where promoted , because they spoke the right words. Luke 19:17 (Amp)"And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you proved yourself faithful and trustworthy in a very little thing, you shall [now] have authority over ten cities [in my kingdom].’
5.Pharaoh spoke the wrong word and guess what happened to him and all the Egyptians ?. Exo 14:30 "Thus the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians : and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore ." Don't say what you know is not right for you to say ! Amen.
6. Job spoke the right word and his words later freed him from the reproach he suffered .Job 14:14 "If a man die ,shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait , till my change come." What happen ? He saw what he said . His change came .Job 42:10 (Amp)"The Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. "
7. Jesus spoke the right word all the time and what happened ? His words brought him recognition and fame . Matt 7:28 (Amp) "When Jesus had finished [speaking] these words [on the mountain], the crowds were astonished and overwhelmed at His teaching; "
8. you honour God when you choose to do what He has commanded in His word . 1 Thess 5:18 (Amp)"in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."
9. In your times of trouble , remember what he said in the book of Numbers 14:28(Amp)"Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just what you have spoken in My hearing I will most certainly do to you; God is not a joker . He did it from the scripture we read above ..luke 19:22a
10.Finally, here is the key , we hold fast to our confession of the truth in the midst of our storms , knowing this " The God we serve , His name is called FAITHFUL . Heb 10:23 (Amp)" Let us seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful [to His word];
prayer : Father help me to believe your word always and never to doubt in Jesus name , Amen.