LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK MATTHEW 11:6 (NASB)
"And blessed is he who does not take offense at Me."
1. Offence will deny you of your blessings . If you are offended against the one who will bless you , how will you get it ? " I think I just spoke this one to my "self". "big laughs" "naah" that was in the past , when I was still a babe in the word. Amen. glory to God, He delivered me . Heb 5:14 (NIV)"But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."
2. Offence will stop you from doing what is right and in return make you miss your blessing .Gen 4:7(NLT)"You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master."
3. Offence denies you of your heavenly peace. How? offence will simply takes you out of His presence. John 16:33 (NLT)"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
4. Offence will steal your joy any day and without joy your long awaited harvest will die. (The Devil is a liar) . joel 1:12 (NLT)"The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men."
5. Offence is a faith stopper. Gal 5:6 "For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love."
6. Offence will affect the health of a believer . prov 15:13 (ABPE) "A glad heart improves the body and the depressed heart saddens the spirit. "SMILE"
7. Offence will hinder your spiritual growth . Heb 5:12 (ISV)"In fact, though by now you should be teachers, you still need someone to teach you the basic truths of God's word. You have become people who need milk instead of solid food."
8 . God cannot teach the offended . Why? He won't listen. Psalm 25:9 (DBT)"The meek will he guide in judgment, and the meek will he teach his way."
9.When you are offended , forgiveness becomes difficult .Matt 6:12 (GWT)"Forgive us as we forgive others."
10. Finally ,John the Baptist lost his head due to offence. Matt 11:3 (NLT) " “Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?” God spoke to John directly , that Jesus was the expected Messiah ; but when persecution came , he took offence against Jesus and missed it . You will not miss your blessing in Jesus name , Amen.
PRAY LIKE THIS - FATHER UPROOT EVERY SPIRIT OF OFFENCE IN MY LIFE NOW IN THE NAME OF JESUS , AMEN.
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL , YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN A BLESSING . THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG . MY GOD WILL SURPRISE YOU EVEN BEFORE AND AFTER THE YEAR 2014 IN JESUS NAME , AMEN. LOTS OF LOVE.
NB: WORKING ON MY SECOND EBOOK "50 NAMES OF JEHOVAH" WITH WORDS OF ENCOURAGMENT AND PRAYER POINTS THAT WILL BLESS YOU .