LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF MARK 11:25
"And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."
1. God is more than willing to forgive us our sins when we fall ; but the choice of forgiving ourselves is not up to God but us . Isa 55:7 (NIV)"Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon."
2.Forgiveness keeps our heart from being hardened .Matt 18:21-22"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? "
3. If you cannot forgive yourself , you cannot forgive others .Matt 6:12 "And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."
4. God can easily work with a heart that forgives . Eph 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
5 . If you cannot love others , how can you forgive others ? John 13:34" A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."
6.. When we seek Jesus ; is easy to forgive our debtors .Matt 6:12"And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."
7. A heart that forgives is a heart that has put on Christ .Gal 3:27" For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
8. One of the secrets of an effective prayer life is found in a heart that is willing to forgive. James 5:16 "Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." .
9. Forgiveness opens new doors of heavenly opportunities .2 cor 5:17"Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
10. No one is perfect "yet" there is always room for forgiveness. 1 cor 10:13" There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it]."
I PRAY FOR YOU AND I MAY THE LORD GIVE US THE HEART TO ALWAYS FORGIVE IN JESUS NAME , AMEN.