LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF 1 KINGS 8:18(ESV)
"But the LORD said to David my father, ‘Whereas it was in your heart to build a house for my name, you did well that it was in your heart."
1.God moves in diverse ways , but one of His ways is He takes His decision , based on what He sees in our hearts . 1 Sam 16:7 (NIV)"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
2. Some of us have not gotten our breakthough today , not because we have not done well , but because of what He sees in our hearts. What do I mean ? Lust , Anger , bitterness still lurking in our hearts. If it is not dealt with , delay continues . Heb 12:15 (NLT)"Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many."
3. It is what God sees in your heart , that He uses either to promote you or resist you . 1 peter 5:5 "Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."
4. It is what God sees in your heart , He uses to elevate you or demote you . 1 Sam 13:14 (NLT)"But now your kingdom must end, for the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart. The LORD has already appointed him to be the leader of his people, because you have not kept the LORD's command."
5. God deals with the heart , not with our physical appearances .john 7:24 (ISV)"Stop judging by appearances, but judge with righteous judgment!"
6. Once you see the heart , you have seen the Man .Matt 12:34 (NIV)"You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."
7. There is something Man has no control over . An evil heart will surely reveal itself outside , a good heart also will surely reveal it self outside. Matt 7:20 (NIV)"Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
8.When it is in your heart , God will cause you to succeed. Why? because you will do what is in your heart , not your mouth .Matt 15:8(NIV)"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."
9.God is not committed to what is not in your heart .psalm 21:2 (NIV) "You have granted him his heart's desire and have not withheld the request of his lips."
10.When it is not in your heart to bless others , God is limited to blessing you .Zech 8:13 (NLT)"But no longer! Now I will rescue you and make you both a symbol and a source of blessing." .You can only become a "source" , when it is in your heart .
11.When it is in your heart . God will empower you for it . Once it is there , go ahead , His grace is already with you to make it happen. 2 Cor 12:9 (NLT)"Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."
12.When it is not in your heart to work for God , how can God give you his resources . Question ? to do what ? lol. Luke 16:12"And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
I PRAY FOR YOU AND I ; IN THE NAME OF JESUS MAY THE LORD GIVES US THE HEART TO WORK FOR HIM IN JESUS NAME , AMEN.
BE BLESSED .