LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF PSALM 131:3(MSG)
"Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!"
10 KEYS - THAT WILL MAKE YOUR WAITING ON THE LORD FRUITFUL
1.Joy - You cannot wait without connecting with the spirit of joy in your heart. why? joy is what activates your faith and keep its engine running. if not ..."hmmm" .Isa 12:3 (NIV)"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation." from the word .
2.A thankful heart - appreciating God as your father , appreciating Him for what He has done for you in the past , what He is still doing as you wait , keeps your faith working. When you fail to give Him thanks, in no time your waiting becomes complaining .Why? you won't be able to see how good He has been to you . 1 Thess 5:18 (Amp)" Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]."
3. Rejoicing with expectation - Sets you up for the manifestations of your blessings . It activates your faith , while you wait. Roms 12:12 "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"
4. Listen to messges , gospel cd's -It helps to fuel your faith , while you wait . If you are tired of listening to the ones you have , get fresh ones . I do it regularly . Is just a word you need from one of those messages , that will spark up your faith again . Roms 10:17 (NIV)"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ."
5. Doing good makes you feel good - It works . Whenever you have an opportunity to do good to someone , do not grumble or frown , just do it with joy unto the lord . Why ?It Activates Eph 6:8 (NIV)"because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free." sure makes you feel good , knowing that God is going to reward you for the good you have done . Amen.
6. Praise Him always - While you wait , make it a habit of just praising Him , thanking Him for His goodness , love , patience with you and many more .It helps to keep your faith fresh and healthy , while you are in your waiting mode . Psalm 50:23 (Amp) " He who brings an offering of praise and thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright [who prepares the way that I may show him], to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God." When you sow a seed of honor , what will you reap ?
7. Keep no grudges - Just free your mind from every hurt and pain, take no offence .why? He warned us in the book of John 16:1-2. Key -A defiled heart , will kill the harvest of your expectations from the lord . Heb 12:15 (NIV)"See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
8. Focus rightly on Jesus - Is the Master key to waiting . look up. set your mind above (Col 3:1-3) .Any attempt to look down , discouragement and depression are there waiting for you . So we look up is the key . Simple English " just ignore the shame " and keep doing good . Heb 12:2 (Amp)" Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
9. prayer - prayer is another key , that fuels your faith , while you wait. you cannot afford to stop praying while you wait , is too risky for a believer . Jesus warned us about this . Luke 18:1 (Amp)"Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up)." You refuel with prayer , while you wait.
10. Study the word -you cannot say you are waiting , while you re starving your spirit man. knowledge is strenght . So the strength you need to help you in your waiting season is found in the "word ", when you study and meditate on it day and night you receive strenght . Amen. Joshua 1:8 (NIV)"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful"
PRAYER : Father teach me how to wait upon you in Jesus name , Amen.
you are blessed!