LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF ACTS 16:24-25
"Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them."
10 KEYS - THE MYSTERY OF PAUL AND SILAS
1. They were never discouraged. Key- Never be discouraged in the midst of your storm. Why? Is only a door way to your breakthrough. For He has said in Isaiah 41:10 (NLT) "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
2. Their faith in God was constant.They never doubted Mark 11:22 (Amp Version) "And Jesus ,replying ,said to them ,Have faith in God [constantly}".Let your faith be constant , don't doubt , no matter the situation. just lock on and stay there ! It is already done. If you draw back , you will lose your testimony . Isa 26:3.
3. Will you praise God in the midst of your trial ? They did and they were delivered. so praise works . Don't stop your praise . Heb 13:15 (Amp Version)"Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name. " Key- your obedience to God's word is key to your deliverance.
4. Even though they were in chains, they still prayed . No matter the bondage , the enemy has kept you , keep praying/talking to your God and don't give up . Your deliverance will surely come in Jesus name , Amen. Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call." NB: "Has the Lord said "? Num 23:19
5. Despite the fact that the prisoners heard them pray and worship God , they were not distracted . Keep your focus on God and don't be distracted by the people around you. Their opinion of you is not God's opinion of you , so stay focused and wait upon God expectantly . Heb 12:2 (AmpVersion)"Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. "
6. They simply believed God Key- Allow the thought of what you believe to remain in your spirit , it will manifest. John 11:40 "Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God"
7. They knew one thing that God would help them.He did . Heb 13:6 (Amp Version) " So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?". Key- Know one thing too , God will help.
8 . Your deliverance is in your mouth . They prayed and sang praises to God .psalm 50:23 (Amp Version) "He who brings an offering of praise and thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright [who prepares the way that I may show him], to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God." Key- They where not silent even in chains . continue to give thanks to Him.
9.They prayed and sang praises to God at 12 midnight .why 12 midnight? Is the hour of the third watch . The hour the forces of darkness carry out their evil plans . Is also the hour of battle in the heavenly realms . Key- At that hour is time to secure your job , business , destiny etc. pray and give God thanks at that hour .Psalm 119:62" At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments." .
10. They knew the power of praise . you can offer prayers to God amiss , but you can never praise God amiss . bible says God personally comes when praises are offered to Him . Psalm 22:3(NASB)"Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel."
"when you can't pray through , praise your way through"
Prayer: Father fight my battles for me in Jesus name , Amen.
YOU ARE A WINNER !