LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF NUMBERS 13:31
"But his fellow scouts said, We are not able to go up against the people [ of canaaan] ,for they are stronger than we are."
10 KEYS - WATCH WHAT YOU SAY
1. Rule number 1. bridle your tongue ; the words you speak canbe use against you. "Tell them, As I live says the Lord , what you have said in My hearing I will do to you".Num 14:28. And God did it.Many people have lost their jobs , husband , a lucrative deal ,because they just spoke the wrong word at the wrong time. Even if you know the fact, be wise. Prov 17:28(NLT)"Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent."
2. What you say , even jokingly can become a trap. The book of Matt 12:37 (Amp version) says "For by your words you will be justified and acquitted ,and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced." Key-Ignorance of this truth is not an excuse . " demons have ears , they are just waiting for you to slip"
3. What you see with your physical eyes is only the fact and not the truth .Why is that? The HOLY SPIRIT that lives in us , is the Spirit of TRUTH. Let him be your judge , once you get his confirmation , you can take your decision. Him alone knows the truth, because His name is called the TRUTH . John 16:13 "Howbeith when he, the Spirit of truth ,is come , he will guide you into all truth ; for he shall not speak of himself ;but whatsoever he shall hear , that shall he speak;and he will shew you things to come." Isaiah 11:2 (NLT) . "He will delight in obeying the Lord.He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay." Key- once you follow the leading of the Holy Spirit , you will know . how ? He replaces your worries , with His peace . John 14:27
4.When you think the enemy is stronger than you . Note - he will always be! why? Prov 23;7 "For as he thinketh in his heart ,so is he:" When it comes to spiritual warfare, never allow the enemy think for once, he is winning . Act your faith and activate the power of God in you .(2 Tim 1:7) This scripture works Job 5:22 "At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh." Laugh the devil and his agents to scorn .No matter , the arrows he throws at you . No dull moments, maintain your joy! Why? Because you are fully persuaded , your daddy (God) is working out something unprecedented in your life (Roms 8:28).And again , been a happy person ,keeps you fresh! lol, wow.Amen.
5. There is more power in an affirmative confession ; than a negative one . No matter the situation , never change your confession. It carries power.Prov 18:21a says "Death and life are in the power of the tongue:and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." You will be rewarded with what you say ; either good or bad .So words like "will I ever make it in this life" lol . Shouldn't ever come out from your mouth and other negative words . Run from people who re negative in their thinking , they will pollute your thoughts and before you know it , you will begin to think and talk like them . Scripture says 1 Cor 15:33(NIV)"Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
6.As long as as you remain negative , you will never be able to take the necessary steps that will move you to your next level . why? Prov 24:10 (NLT)"If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small." .
7. Living by faith is a rule ,there are no short cuts to it .2 Cor 5:7(NLT)"For we live by believing and not by seeing."
8.Whenever you are tempted to say a negative word . Key - Hold your peace and remember this scripture Job 22:21"Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee." Allow the good to come . wisdom is profitable .
9.See what God sees and say what God says "His word" when you are tempted to speak a negative word . Jer 1:11,12 (Amp)"The word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see the branch of an almond tree.” Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am [actively] watching over My word to fulfill it.”
10. Be grateful at all times is key to staying positive . 1 Thess 5:18(Amp)" in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."
"what you see , God confirms"
prayer : father help me to see what you see in the name of Jesus , Amen.