LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF HABAKKUK 3:17-18 (NLT)
"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines;even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren;even though the flocks die in the fields,and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!"
10 KEYS - WHY REJOICE ?
1. Joy is one of the attributes of God . If God lives in us , how can you fail ?. Let nothing move you. 1 John 4:4(NIV)"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." And we all know the one in the world ."Satan".
2.We rejoice because a joyful man is simply a man leaving above his carnal nature. Where Satan cannot operate .Roms 8:6"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
3. We rejoice because joyful people are able to see the impossible and believe it .Mark 9:23 (GWT)"Jesus said to him, "As far as possibilities go, everything is possible for the person who believes."
4. we rejoice because our testimony is in the hand of the lord not in our circumstances .Luke 6:22-23"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets."
5. We rejoice because we see what the world cannot see. Heb 12:2 (GWT)"We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God."
6. We rejoice because we feel secured in the Lord .psalm 4:7-8"Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety."
7. When you are fully persuaded about God's supernatural power ; joy is the resultant effect. Roms 15:13"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." joy is a key ingredient that gives birth to our expectations. Isaiah 64:5a"Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways."
8. We rejoice because joy is what connects us to the divine favour of God . psalm 126:6" He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."
9. Joy is the key that opens the door of our Salvation . (deliverance , blessings , breakthroughs etc)psalm 50:23 (Amp)"He who brings an offering of praise and thanksgiving honors and glorifies Me; and he who orders his way aright [who prepares the way that I may show him], to him I will demonstrate the salvation of God."
10. We rejoice because we have a God who is more than willing to help us in anything we are facing in life .More than willing! Amen. Glory to God. psalm 121:1-2"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."
" Joy is a good cure for ageing"
Prayer : father let my joy be full today in Jesus name , Amen.
YOU ARE BLESSED! AMEN.