LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF PROVERB 18:16
"A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men."
1. Every man has been given a gift from God to use on earth not just for himself , but to be a blessing to others. Zech 8:13b (NLT) "Now I will rescue and make you both a symbol and a source of blessing .So don't be afraid;Be Strong and get on with rebuilding the Temple." Keep building on your gift .
2. If you don't use your gift , it will forever remain hidden. Matt 25:18 "But he that had received one went and digged in the earth , and hid his lord's money." His gift.
3. Your gift will always bring you into recognition. Jesus gift brought him recognition.Matt 13:54 "And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?"
4, Your gift is where God has prepared for you to bless you. Exo 23:20"Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared."
5. Your gift will bring you into your palace. Gen 41:14"Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his raiment, and came in unto Pharaoh." His gift took him to the palace.
6. There will always be opportunities for you to use your gift.Luke 21:13 (Amp version) says "This will be a time (an opportunity) for you to bear testimony." A time for you to use your gift.
7. You will just have to trust God to help you birth your gift. Mark 11:22 (Amp version) "And Jesus, replying, said to them, Have faith in God [constantly]."
8.Your gift will always take seasons of preparation. 1 chron 22:5 "And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to be builded for the Lord must be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries: I will therefore now make preparation for it. So David prepared abundantly before his death." Prepare !
9. Your gift will always be tested by challenges . 1 Sam 17:8 "And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me. "
10.There will be seasons , when it will look like your gift is not working ; but God is still preparing you ; don't give up on your gift . Your day of recognition is coming. prov 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
11. Your gift is not man made ; but God made . Is something , you were born to do on earth. James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
12. Your gift is something you can spend the whole day doing ; without getting bored . I can spend hours doing this without even "thinking" of going out.lol. Prov 22:29 says it like this " Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men." Amen.
13. Your gift is what you love doing ; whether you are getting paid or not . You just love to sing ; paint ; write etc. psalm 119:47 "And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved."
14. Your gift will make room for you to be blessed. Gen 22:15-18(Msg version) The angel of God spoke from Heaven a second time to Abraham: “I swear—God’s sure word!—because you have gone through with this, and have not refused to give me your son, your dear, dear son, I’ll bless you—oh, how I’ll bless you! And I’ll make sure that your children flourish—like stars in the sky! like sand on the beaches! And your descendants will defeat their enemies. All nations on Earth will find themselves blessed through your descendants because you obeyed me.” .Just one gift he had . Abraham obeyed God. "The gift of obedience."
15. Your gift comes with peace . The God kind of peace ; You are never troubled , when you are using your gift .There is this Godly peace you enjoy . Amen. 1 Cor 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."
16. When you are in your gift; you are like a fish in an ocean; you can't be stopped.Why? you are always inspired to do something new , new ideas etc. . Job 32:8 "But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding."
17. In the area of your gift ; is were you get your most inspiration from . Job 32:8
18. Your gift is what God has given you to bless your world . Don't keep it . Prov 18:16
19. Fear will always want to stop you ; from using your gift . But remember scripture Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
I PRAY FOR YOU ;MAY GOD BRING YOU INTO GLOBAL RECOGNITION THROUGH YOUR GIFT IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS , AMEN.