LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK MATT 10:23(Amp)
“When they persecute you in one city [because of your faith in Me], flee to the next; for I assure you and most solemnly say to you, you will not finish going through all the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
10 POWERFUL KEYS WHEN GOD SAYS FLEE .
1. Danger - flee is closely associated with danger .So when God says flee , he has seen from afar what is already coming or is about to happen.Don't wait run. Num 23:19 "“God is not a man, that He should lie,Nor a son of man, that He should repent Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken and will He not make it good and fulfill it?" .if He says it then He must be right .
2. Avoid the explanation - We are always tempted to always want to explain ourselves , when God says flee .listen Joseph did not wait to explain to potiphar's wife , his reason for running away. He took off ! Gen 39:12 (Amp)" She caught Joseph by his [outer] robe, saying, “Lie with me!” But he left his robe in her hand and ran, and got outside [the house]."
3. Don't ask questions - why? you have already been instructed to flee. questions will only lead to more questions . Key- Prov 3:5 (Amp)"Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart
And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. "
4. follow the lead - Joseph did not wait for further instruction . He followed the leading of the holy Spirit .Once you are spiritually led , don't waste time . Key- the holy Spirit is called the Spirit of truth , remember . John 16:13 (Amp)" But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears [from the Father—the message regarding the Son], and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future]."
5. Fear not - faith says flee , fear says consider the options . If you choose considering the options at the expense of what faith says ,I have just one advice for you " you re on your own". fear can never please God . Heb 11:6 (Amp)"6 But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him."
6.flee first and ask God later - Don't ask God now while you are still in the environment of "danger" . flee first to a place of safety and ask God what next papa!Watch out for His answer of peace , after you have obeyed . Gen 41:16 "And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace."
7.Bridle your tongue - God said flee , he didnt say broadcast the matter to the world for support . He is your support already .Joseph fled and kept the matter alone to himself . He didn't hate or fight with anybody , he just fled . Amen.let God fight the battle himself . Amen. Exo 14:13 (NIV)"Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again."
8.Don't be in a haste - After you have fled .wait for the leading in His presence ,to show you what next move to take , He never fails . He will ! Amen. Only commit it into his hands . Psalm 37:5 (NLT)"Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you."
9.Peace - the force of peace will unlock your next move . When you hold your peace , you are giving God room to show you , your next move , idea , opportunity . hold your peace and let not your heart be troubled. Job 22:21(NIV)"Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you."
10.Don't complain , rather thank Him- Complaining , murmuring or regretting are all signs of immaturity . Handle it maturely like a believer . we did not hear or read in scripture , that Joseph went to jail potiphar's wife when he became a prime minister in Egypt . Forget it and forgive and move on with your life . One thing you should always remember and give God glory for , is this . Roms 8:28 (NIV)"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Prayer : Father the grace to obey you in the face of danger help me not to miss it now in the name of Jesus , Amen.
bless you .