LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF 1 SAMUEL 17:40 (Msg Version)
"Then David took his shepherd’s staff, selected five smooth stones from the brook, and put them in the pocket of his shepherd’s pack, and with his sling in his hand approached Goliath."
1. If you would do the ordinary ; God will do the "supernatural". It was just five ordinary stones that David used to bring down his Goliath. Never doubt what you have ; use it and let God do the miraculous.2 Kings 4:5-6 (Msg)" She did what he said. She locked the door behind her and her sons; as they brought the containers to her, she filled them. When all the jugs and bowls were full, she said to one of her sons, “Another jug, please.”He said, “That’s it. There are no more jugs.”Then the oil stopped. " This shall be your testimony this month in the name of Jesus , Amen.
2. God can use what you have to work your miracle for you. At times , we despise what we have . If it is ten naira or one dollar you have at the moment , that can still act as your sacrificial seed, your praise can act as your sacrificial seed to God . Don't despise it , sow it with thanksgiving and Let the Master do the miraculous in your life in the name of Jesus ,Amen .HeB 13:15 (NLT) "Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name."As you proclaim your allegiance to him ; get ready to see your miracle in the mighty name of Jesus , Amen.
3. Never be afraid to use the talent God has given you . Many of us believers because of the times we are in , have abandoned their gift . lol. Can God be a liar ? "NO" . Is left for you to develop what he has deposited in you and use it to glorify him. His gift is where he has made provision for you . Amen.1 Sam 16:16 (DRB) "Let our lord give orders, and thy servants who are before thee will seek out a man skilful in playing on the harp, that when the evil spirit from the Lord is upon thee, he may play with his hand, and thou mayest bear it more easily. " David's gift brought him to the palace.
4, Do not despise what you have , David did not and he conquered Goliath. Don't give up , you too can ! Amen. prov 13:13(NET) "The one who despises instruction will pay the penalty, but whoever esteems instruction will be rewarded. "You would be rewarded when you use your gift!
5, Believe in what you have ; David believed the five stones would do the job . It worked. Try it again , it will work . Go again , apply again , make that call again . it will work this time in Jesus name , Amen. Matt 7:7 (Amp) "Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find;keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you."
6. When you have Gods backing , you will always succeed. Gen 39:23 (NIV)"The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph's care, because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did."
7. what you have (your gift) is your test of faith . Believe in the one who created you and know as a child of God , it is impossible for you to fail. Absolutely impossible . Dan 11:32 (Amp) "but the people who know their God shall prove themselves strong and shall stand firm and do exploits [for God]."
8. Your gift is waiting for an opportunity; keep getting prepared .It comes without a signal or warning; always remember this key . You can just be called anytime , for that job you thought was not going to happen . be prepared. Isa 48:3b (NIV)"I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.
9. If you fail to use your gift , it will not be Gods fault but your own fault. Matt 25:25 (Amp)"So I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is your own."
10. Your gift is what God has given you , let nothing stop you from using it . It will bring you before Kings , if you say "NO" to those who are trying to discourage you from using it. Isa 41:10 (NLT) "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
I PRAY FOR YOU ; YOUR GIFT WILL NOT DIE IN YOUR HANDS IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS . GOD WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU TO USE IT IN THIS LIFE IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS ,AND YOU SAY A LOUD AMEN TO THAT ! AMENNN