LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF 2 KINGS 5:2-3
"At this time Aramean raiders had invaded the land of Israel, and among their captives was a young girl who had been given to Naaman’s wife as a maid. One day the girl said to her mistress, “I wish my master would go to see the prophet in Samaria. He would heal him of his leprosy.”
1. The enemy you think is an enemy ; can just be the very person who would save you tomorrow . Keep an open door policy and let the Lord lead. The same young girl that Naaman had taking captive , was the same person , the lord use to bring about his deliverance. Gens 50:20 (NIV)"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." The same joseph whom the brother's thought was the enemy , was the same person God used to deliver them from death. If the Lord is saying to forgive those that have hurt you , do it. You never know what He has planned for your tomorrow . Obey !
2.Despite her change of status , from daddies girl to a "maid" (house-help) , she still kept the love of God in her heart, by showing the same person who had ripped her off her status "love ". Is hard at times I admit that, but it is easy to do , when you share the love of God in your heart. col 3:13 (NIV)"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
3. The girl met Naaman in his condition and said nothing for a while until the appointed day . Every man has an appointed day on God's calendar . Isaiah 60:22b (Amp) "I, the Lord, will hasten it in its [appointed] time." Be patient , your time is coming!
4. God can give you an idea , that can turn you into a billionaire over night ; but he will never force you to take the steps . The choice is yours .Rev 3:20 (NLT)"Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends." One day , the Lord opened my eyes to see billionaires walking the streets , some selling provisions , hawking , trekking etc. I was so pained , that day , that I prayed for the Lord to do something about it .And I know as always , he had a plan." hmm", I trust Him. Isaiah 26:3,4.
5. Most times we tend to wait for God to do something ; when God is actually waiting for us to take the first step . Self righteousness won't work , you need to come to God first and ask Him to save you . Jer 33:3 says call on me , not God calling on you ! you might be living right , but if you are not saved in Christ , sorry friend , is all in futility .
6.There was nothing spectacular about the Jordan river , even Naaman knew that , what did the job was "grace". period! Eph 2:7 (NIV)"in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus."
7. Despite the fact that Satan had stolen her status ; Satan could not steal her faith in God . Do not allow what you are facing now to steal your faith in Christ . Hold on for your appointed day is coming . job 14:14(AKJV)"If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.". What happened? That day came for job . Yours will surely come any moment from now in Jesus name , Amen.
8. The young girl had the information , Naaman needed. you don't know who is carrying that information that might lead to your breakthrough . Keep an open door policy with wisdom .Eccl 10:10 (NIV) "Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade. That's the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed."
9. Naaman lest expected the maid to hold the information , that would lead to his deliverance . Do not despise those ordinary people you see in the streets or living around you; they might just be holding or have an access to a whole new world you have never known. Is just an idea and the world would come looking for you! And it can come from the most ordinary person you see everyday. Gen 24:19 (Amp) " When she had given him a drink, she said, I will draw water for your camels also, until they finish drinking." The very camels Rebekah gave water to drink , were the very camels that carried her "blessings" . If she had refused and despised the camels (ordinary people) , she would have missed her blessings. you won't miss yours in Jesus name , Amen.
10. Naaman's lead to his miracle came as a maid . who is that person you are ignoring ? hmm, might just be the lead.1 john 3:15 (NIV) "Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him."
I PRAY FOR YOU ; THE RIGHT LEAD , THE RIGHT PERSON , THE RIGHT PLACE WILL NOT MISS YOU THIS MONTH IN THE NAME OF JESUS , AMEN.