LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF GENESIS 22:8(NIV)
"Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together."
10 KEYS THE MYSTERY BEHIND ABRAHAM'S CONFESSION AND HIS SON .
1.No father ever calls his child "Son" except four things are involved . 1.love 2. obedience. 3. humility . 4 .meekness. Isaac had these qualities in him.Prov 22:6(NIV)"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it."
2. Isaac loved God , so there was nothing to fear, even at the point of death .1 John 4:18(NIV)"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
3. The relationship between Isaac and his father is a testimony of the song of solomon chapter 8:6(NIV)"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame."
4. What he said came by revelation , it wasn't his flesh at all . No ! see the book of 2 cor 3:5 (Amp)"Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God."
5. Bible says through knowledge shall the just be delivered . Abraham had a good knowledge of God .Prov 11:9b(NIV)"With their mouths the godless destroy their neighbors, but through knowledge the righteous escape."
6.Abraham knew the ways of God . Listen , Abraham saw the lamb . you doubt it ? read Gen 13:14,15 . he was speaking from experience .The Devil is a liar . What are you seeing ? . God will always ask you, what do you see ? Jer 1:11(NLT)"Then the LORD said to me, "Look, Jeremiah! What do you see?" And I replied, "I see a branch from an almond tree."
7.Abraham spoke out of the abundance of his heart . In times of crises , it is what you have inside , that will speak .Matt 12:34(NIV)"You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."
8. Abraham had strong confidence in God . Listen , your confidence will reward you . No matter the trial . believe God . Heb 10:35(NIV)"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded."
9.Abraham was not afraid of death .Listen if he was , he would have spoken carnally and that would have robbed him of his testimony . Key- Matt 12:37(NIV)"For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
10.Finally , this is a revelation of Mark 11:23 , that you can have whatever you say in your wilderness experience , if you doubt not . What am I saying , there is supernatural provision for those that truly believe God . Heb 11 :6(NIV)"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
PRAYER :Father help me to see what you see from now on , in Jesus name , Amen.
you are blessed!