LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF MATTHEW 14:29
"And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus."
10 THINGS YOU WILL ALWAYS FACE WHEN JESUS SAYS COME .
1. The first thing , the enemy will try to do is to test you , if you are sure you "heard" him. This was what Satan did to eve and he tried it again with Jesus .Please permit me to translate it in pigin English "lol" " you sure say you hear am , because ..." confusionist and doubters club will try to rob you of what you have heard .1 cor 14:33 and Gen 3:1 (NIV)"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
2. Prepare for the journey - Is not a 100 metres dash .It was never recorded , the distance between Peter and Jesus when he walked on water to meet him ?Isa 40 :30 (NIV)"Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion."
3. Be prepared to pray - If not the storms will sweep you away . prayer is a force that will help you get there . Heb 4:16(NIV)"Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
4. Be prepared to fast - storms are of various kinds . See the phrase Jesus used , when he talked with his disciples . "This kind " meaning this one is different from the other ones .Matt 17:21"Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
5. you will encounter wicked snakes on the way. people who just wish to see you dead , for no just cause .Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." But the good news is we have authority over them . Thank you Jesus !
6. Times of weariness will come.Listen , you stop , you sink , you just have to keep doing what is good, keep believing ,keep praising and thanking God as you go . Gal 6:9 (NLT)"So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."
7. Hmm, Ridicule is a sure sign , he has asked you to come . Someone said , "if they don't mock you , how can God make you "? . Jesus was mocked to scorn. Luke 8:53"And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead."
8. Encounters with the power of darkness. All will attempt mercilessly to stop you .It takes determination , strong faith to rise above them .Eph 6:12 (NLT)"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."
9. Doubt - Faith is not a days job . There are times /seasons in your life , you would ask God questions ? Like John the Baptist. Luke 7:20 (NIV)"When the men came to Jesus, they said, "John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, 'Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?'" but listen , God cannot lie ...continue .
10. Temptation - will come to test your faith . Jesus said Luke 22:46(NIV)""Why are you sleeping?" he asked them. "Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation."
"When God says come , your miracle is at the other side "
PRAYER : Father see me through this test I pray in Jesus name , Amen.