LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF LUKE 22:45 (BLT)
"And having risen up from the prayer, having come to the disciples, He found them sleeping from the grief.”
10 KEYS WHEN FACED WITH DISCOURAGEMENT
. 1. Peace - When faced with the spirit of discouragement at times , we tend to lose our peace and give in to depression and sadness . No! your peace in Christ is what will sustain you when discouragement comes . While in that atmosphere of discouragement deliberately change it into joy, activate your joy with whatever gives you joy and choose deliberately to hold your peace , while God is at work . Key - Job 22:21(Amp)"Now yield and submit yourself to Him [agree with God and be conformed to His will] and be at peace; In this way [you will prosper and great] good will come to you.”
2. Watch your thoughts at such times, if you continue to think about what is happening to you or the situation you are facing , you are going to fall for it . No ! deliberately choose to think what God's word says concerning it and be hopeful .Phil 4:8(Amp)" Finally, believers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and confirmed by God's word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things [center your mind on them, and implant them in your heart].”
3. Sit down to study the word - Is not a time to start telling everyone that cares to listen your story , they also have their own problems too. Sit down in His presence and study,meditate on the word .It is in His presence , He comes to encourage you , not outside. 2Cor 1:3 (Amp)"Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.”
4. Prayer - prayer of petition , prayer of thanksgiving very important . Don't fall for the discouragement even for a second , rise to the occasion quickly and do what Jesus did ..in His moment of discouragement , He prayed the more .Luke 22:44(Amp)"And being in agony [deeply distressed and anguished; almost to the point of death], He prayed more intently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down on the ground.”
5. Joy - Is the opposite of allowing the spirit of discouragement to set in . And how do you hold on to that joy in the midst of discouragement ? by giving Him thanks concerning what He has promised you with joy . You might not even understand it , but it works. Isaiah 12:3(NIV)"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation." Like Psalm 37:4 .."Father I still thank you , because your word says if I take delight in you , you would grant me the secret petitions of my heart " . Key - play your role by faith and let Him answer you by faith . Mark 11:22 (Amp)" Jesus replied, “Have faith in God[constantly].
6. If you can it helps too - Worship - you can sing a song of worship or play songs of worship and just soak yourself in His presence . When He comes , there is no way you will not be lifted and encouraged again . See the life of David in the book of psalm 138:2"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.".He worshipped ! And that was one weapon that really help David in his times of trouble.
7. Bridle your tongue - Don't be tempted to speak negatively now . Hold your peace and allow the Holy Spirit to put the right words in your mouth to speak . Amen .Isaiah 50:4"The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.”
8. Continue to sow your good seeds and let it not discourage you . If you have an opportunity to help someone still go ahead and do it. Key - Psalm 37:3 (NLT)" Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.". It works.
9. Guard your heart because Satan is going to come after it to see that you stay discouraged . shut him out . And be positive . confess and say to yourself " my God will make it to work for my good in Jesus name , amen. I am His child , period !! Roms 8:28(NLT)"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
10. Finally go into your closet and just thank Him. Don't mind the tears ,never let go of your faith and trust in the lord . still appreciate Him and give Him all the glory . Amen. 1 Thess 5:18 (NLT)" Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
"There is strength hidden inside of you , use it ."
Prayer - I rebuke the spirit of discouragement now in Jesus name , Amen
Be blessed !