LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF PROVERB 23: 17-18
"Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long.For surely there is and end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.”
10 DANGERS ABOUT ENVY
1. Envy will stagnate your growing up process. Apostle. Paul said in scripture when I was a child I acted like one. Picture this with me , how does a three year old act? lol.. 1 Cor 13:11(Amp)" When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. “
2. Envy will stop you from discovering your own potentials . why? Rather than look inwards (your hidden talents and gifts in you ) you are focused on some else . Your energy being channel in the wrong direction through your thoughts . Scripture says in Habakkuk 2:3 " though it tarry , wait for it ; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." As a child of God waiting is part of the process, for you to grow into maturity. Galatians 4:1 - paints it more like this " Now I say, that the heir , as long as he is a child , differeth nothing from a servant , though he be lord of all ". so as long as that childish attitude "envy" is still there, God still has some work to do in you .The faster you are willing to learn the quicker you will enter into your new season /opportunity.
3. Envy is like a virus , that can easily spread in your life , if not confronted by who? you .prov 27:4"Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?”
4. Envy stops "the blessing" from coming.(favors , opportunities) why? 1. Is a spirit and it can hinder good things from coming to you . 2. Is only a matter of time , it can cause a good Christian to become bitter like Esau . Heb 12:15 "Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;".
5. Faith receives, envy stops faith from receiving. James 1:12(Amp)" Blessed [happy, spiritually prosperous, favored by God] is the man who is steadfast under trial and perseveres when tempted; for when he has passed the test and been approved, he will receive the [victor's] crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." Key - wait patiently for your opportunity.
6. Envy will stop you from seeing your blessing. faith will help you to see it through the eyes of love.why? . God is love 1 Cor 13:1 love does not envy others . .Gal 5:26 (Amp)"We must not become conceited, challenging or provoking one another, envying one another.”
7. Hear this one, when you don't envy people, you open the door for your expectations to become testimonies and give God the chance to bring to an end every stubborn Goliath on your way to greatness. Key - Rejoice with them that rejoice in expectation of your own . Amen. Roms 12:15 (Amp)" Rejoice with those who rejoice [sharing others' joy], and weep with those who weep [sharing others' grief].”
8. Micah 7:16 (NLT) says " All the nations of the world will stand amazed at what the lord will do for you. they will be embarrassed at their feeble power. they will cover their mouth in silent awe , deaf to everything around them." Can you see it ? if you can see what God is doing in your own life , you won't need to envy others because this is God's thought for your life . Isaiah 14:24. Believe what He has promised and be patient is key.
9. Envy can hinder you from praying effectively . Why? Rather than pray , your mind is already pre-occupied with other people's blessings . What happens next ? depression . Key - pray ! Amen. Luke 18:1 (Amp)"Now Jesus was telling the disciples a parable to make the point that at all times they ought to pray and not give up and lose heart,.”
10. Envy works with the flesh . Key - you will never please God when you walk with your flesh . (human senses) Roms 8:8 (NIV) “Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.”
Personal quote :
"Envy has no expectations , joy does . be joyful "
"If you refuse to envy others, your expectations will not be denied you "
Prayer : Father destroy the root of envy in my life in the name of Jesus , Amen.
you win! Amen.