LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF LUKE 7:23 (Amp)
"Blessed [joyful, spiritually favored] is he who does not take offense at Me.”
10 SPIRITUAL CONSEQUENCES OF OFFENSE
. 1. Offense will steal your strength in whatever circumstances .The strength you ought to use to pray to God , goes into what has offended you for the "word sake" and before you know it ,the strength to pray is gone because of offense . Luke 18:1 (Amp)" Now Jesus was telling the disciples a parable to make the point that at all times they ought to pray and not give up and lose heart,.” Avoid the offense and lock unto prayer .It brings humility and answers to prayers.Prov 15:33(NLT)"Fear of the LORD teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor."
2. Offense will lead you to doubt if God can help rather than believe He can . Your flesh will push you to think other-wise. Jesus told Peter in the book of Matt 14:31(Amp)"Immediately Jesus extended His hand and caught him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” . Why? The storms of life can lead one to become offended with God and when you allow doubt to set in , faith goes . And without faith ? Heb 11:6
3.Offense can and will always make your prayer life ineffective. James 5:16 (Amp)"The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) can accomplish much [when put into action and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power].” .When you re offended you re already carrying a double mind and with that results can not be effectively achieved through prayer.
4. Offense stops love from working , thereby hindering your faith from producing the necessary results . Why? simply put -God is love and love is not easily offended. Gal 5:6 (Amp)"For [if we are] in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but only faith activated and expressed and working through love.”
5. Offense de-activates the power in the word from working for you. How ? you re offended against the very power (word) that can bring in the results .Mark 4:17"And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended."
6. Joy is what is used in drawing out God's promises from the wells of salvation . Have you thought about how difficult it would be , if you were to use offense as your "rope" ? .lol . Isaiah 12:3(Amp)"Therefore with joy you will draw water From the springs of salvation.”
7.Offense has the power of throwing any believer into the bondage of sin. how? once you re offended , what you would have normally done which is right before God , you would't be able to do it because of bitterness , envy , hatred etc. which offense normally brings. . Gal 5:1(Amp)"It was for this freedom that Christ set us free [completely liberating us]; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery [which you once removed].”
8. When you are offended , you cannot hear what the lord is saying . Offense is a mind blocker. .Isaiah 30:15 (ERV)"The Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, says, “If you come back to me you will be saved. Only by remaining calm and trusting in me can you be strong.But you don't want to do that."
9.Offense will stop you from acting on the word .James 1:22 (ERV)"Do what God's teaching says; don't just listen and do nothing. When you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves.” Anytime I get tempted to take offense against God or someone . I simply activate my joy and He begins to speak to me again bringing words of comfort to my soul. Isa 51:12 (NIV)""I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mere mortals, human beings who are but grass,:
10. Finally offense will stop you from giving the one who would rescue you (God) thanks. 1 Thess 5:18(ERV)"Whatever happens, always be thankful. This is how God wants you to live in Christ Jesus."
Personal quote :
"Ignore the offense and pass the test "
Prayer: Father deliver me from the spirit of offense and give me the grace to listen to you in Jesus name , Amen.
You are blessed!!