LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF HEB 6:10
"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.”
10 POWERFUL KEYS -THE MYSTERY BEHIND OUR LABOUR OF LOVE .
1. It is a labour of love, because the love is not always reciprocal .bible says to love our enemies .meaning what ? Those that don't even love us , you love them.why? Jesus himself loved those who crucified him and again loving those who hate you checks your pride and humbles you before God. Matt 5:44(Amp) “But I say to you, love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,." Here is the key - He says in the book of 1 peter 3:14 (NLT) Even if you suffer for it , you will in no way lose your reward.
2. It is a labour of love , because in it you will have to learn "forgiveness". why ? Because you can be paid back with evil .Matt 6:12 (Amp)"And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven our debtors [letting go of both the wrong and the resentment].”
3. It is a labour of love because most times , you don't even get appreciated for doing it ,even when personally you know is a sacrifice .Jesus wondered in the book of Luke 17:17 (Amp)" Then Jesus asked, “Were not ten [of you] cleansed? Where are the [other] nine?.”
4. It is a labour of love because in it , you will have to learn what is called "Kindness "hmm.God is kind and the more you seek and know Him the more He unlocks the power behind it.. Eph 4:32(Amp )" Be kind and helpful to one another, tender-hearted [compassionate, understanding], forgiving one another [readily and freely], just as God in Christ also forgave you.”
5. It is a labour of love because in it you will have to learn how to hold your peace , when your flesh is screaming the opposite . lol..hmm . Jesus said in John 16:33(Amp)"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.].”Why? If not you will always find your self complaining to God anytime you are paid back with evil. Blessed are those that endure it . Amen.
6. It is a labour of love because there is no way you will engage in it , without a sacrifice. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice. His life. Eph 5:25(Amp)"Husbands, love your wives [seek the highest good for her and surround her with a caring, unselfish love], just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, .”
7. It is a labour of love because it will require your attention , teaching and giving proper guidance to your fellow brothers /sisters in Christ .At times you will have to go over it again and again, but don't be discouraged . Remember scripture says in Isaiah 28:10 (Amp) is one step at a time . it can't be done all at once . Amen."“For He says, 'Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Rule upon rule, rule upon rule, Here a little, there a little.”
8. It is a labour of love because your obedience to God's command is required .Deu 28:1(Amp)"Now it shall be, if you diligently listen to and obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all of His commandments which I am commanding you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth."
9. It is a labour of love because it is in it you become more matured in your thinking. 1 Cor 14:20 "Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature."
10. It is a labour of love because it will unlock the blessing for you .Heb 6:11 (NLT).”Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true.
"Love is like a thought in your mind , grow it"
Prayer: Father teach me how to love my neighbour like I love myself in the name of Jesus , Amen.
You are blessed !!