LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF HABAKKUK 2:3 (ESV)
"For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.”
10 KEYS- THE MYSTERY OF WAITING.
1. Waiting has the power of renewing our strength in the Lord .The importance of our inner strength is to be able to run this salvation race to the very end without giving up on the way .Is not an immediate gratification kind of thing, lest we lose the strength to continue after we have gotten the blessing .Key- After so many victories , David lost the "strength" to go for the next battle and that led to what Israel is facing today .(2 Sam 12: 10). David was the King of Israel ( 2 Sam 11:1) . Key - Isaiah 40:31 (NLT)"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." .The strength to continue after the victory , is gotten while we wait .Note - is not everyone that is going to be happy with you concerning your victory , many will be very disappointed , so you acquire the needed strength to go through it now while you are waiting. your emotions, your inner strength is being built up in preparation for your victory . So even if the people ,.relations, friends you expect will not celebrate your victory with you , you are strong and not moved . John 9:8(Msg)"Soon the town was buzzing. His relatives and those who year after year had seen him as a blind man begging were saying, “Why, isn't this the man we knew, who sat here and begged?” .Not everybody was happy that he could now see .
2. One powerful thing that waiting does is it has the power of establishing our peace .Most times we fret over things we shouldn't fret about because our trust in God has not grown to that perfect state were we don't even waver anymore . Now let me use this analogy of an airplane to illustrate this point , the higher a plane goes into the air the lesser the noise or vibration the plane experiences.Now it also works spiritually like this too , the more word you have hidden inside your spirit the lesser the noise (worries and anxiety) you experience in the midst of a storm .The word becomes like an anchor (Heb 6:19) for your soul keeping it from drifting away into anxiety and worries , that is what the power of waiting does , it helps you to experience His peace ( that needed assurance ) in the midst of your storms. It establishes your level of peace in Christ . John 16:33(NLT)" have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” Heb 6:19 (NLT)"This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary."
3. The power of trust - Is established when we wait on the Lord . Trust is a very vital key to receiving . Why? Waiting brings our trust level to that point , were we can't doubt Him anymore . we just know in our spirit that this "thing" is done . No more doubts about it . It is in our waiting we learn how to trust God at all times .Trust is established in our waiting .Psalm 62:8 :(ESV)"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah”
4. The power of confidence - waiting upon the Lord has a way of establishing our level of strong confidence in the Lord . The longer the wait the stronger our confidence becomes .And confidence has the power of unlocking our great and glorious compensation of reward .Meaning the waiting will be adequately rewarded, glory to God . Heb 10:36 (Amp)" For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.”
5. The spirit of fear - Now here is what the power of waiting does , it has the power to destroy the spirit of fear . The longer the wait ,the more our trust is built , the more our confidence in God is established and the more it flushes away every spirit of fear .Why? we are simply sure God will deliver . Joel 2:32"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”
6. The power of Faith - because we have become fearless , faith has no option now but to keep growing and growing until it reaches that level of maturity , when we speak to that "mountain" in our lives and it is done . Joshua didn't just speak to the sun and it stood still on that day . He most have perceived that idea in His heart as a weapon he was going to use one day on the battle field for sometime. And when the time was right (faith level) the opportunity came and he spoke ..it happened as he expected . Joshua 10:12"Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.”
7. The power of self control - Self control is never learnt in a day . People who have the grace to control their anger, forgive those who hurt them, was never learnt in a day . It took them years of continuous practice and prayers for them to bring it under perfect divine control . And waiting has the power of putting this in check before the blessing comes (fresh anointing , power , wealth etc) lest you become destructive with the power bestowed upon you then like Elijah who was provoked and it lead to the death of 42 ignorant children . 2 Kings 2:24 (ESV)"And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.”
8. The power of experience - Waiting brings about experience. The longer the wait the more experienced in wisdom , knowledge , divine ideas , solutions to impossible matters you become. waiting unearths these divine secrets and puts you on top of your game . Daniel , Joseph , David are all shining examples here .1 Sam 16:18 ;Daniel 5:12 ;Gen 41:15 (NLT)"Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "I had a dream last night, and no one here can tell me what it means. But I have heard that when you hear about a dream you can interpret it.”
9. The power of the fruits of the Spirit (love joy , peace , longsuffering ,gentleness etc)are brought into perfection/maturity in waiting. Gal 5:22,23 (Amp)" But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].”
10. The power of Authority - you cannot give a command for something to be done or happen , if you have not being trained in it . if your faith has not being trained for it , your confidence , trust has not being worked upon . It won't move. Jesus gave a command to the fig tree to die and it did . Why? years of preparation . 30 years of training for a 3 year ministry. Rome was not built in a day the saying goes . It takes years of practice and some hard work. Jesus went up early to the mountain to pray . question ? How early do you get up to pray ? Mark 1:35"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, He got up, went out, and made His way to a deserted place. And He was praying there. " This is what the power of waiting does .Amen.
"waiting has the power of giving birth to the very thing called "IMPOSSIBLE"
Prayer:Father teach me how to wait upon you without a doubt in my heart in the name of Jesus , Amen.
You win! love you .