LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF MARK 11:24
"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
10 KEYS -THE POWER OF OUR DESIRES.
1. If you don't desire it , you won't value it when you receive it. Luke 17:17.18(Amp)"Then Jesus asked, Were not [all] ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Was there no one found to return and to recognize and give thanks and praise to God except this alien?" The reason , the nine never returned to give thanks , it was not a desire , so they never valued it.
2. There are two types of desires. unholy desire and a holy desire . God will never grant you the former. A Holy desire comes out of a sincere heart . . James 4:3(ISV)"You ask for something but do not get it because you ask for it for the wrong reason—for your own pleasure."
3. your desire does not happen all of a sudden , but in the process of time, your desire for the very thing you love becomes strong.It is that strong feeling God response to. So do you truly desire it? That thing you want ? Isaiah 28:10(NLT)"He tells us everything over and over--one line at a time, one line at a time, a little here, and a little there!"It grows in the process of time into a strong feeling.
4. you can pray for anything , but if there is no desire , it won't happen.why? There is no feelings attached to it . When you desire something , your prayers genuinely comes from the heart and that is where God looks at. your heart . Do you desire it?.Psalm 37:4(NIV)"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
5. Your desire is what keeps you in the place of prayer .1 Kings 18:42(NLT)"So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees." Elijah had a desire so he kept praying.
6. God is the one that lays the desire in our hearts , so we can request for it.We have no power of our own to strongly desire any good anything. .psalm 33:15 (NET)"He is the one who forms every human heart, and takes note of all their actions. "
7. Desire is almost like the laws of attraction .you will attract what you desire.why? your feelings are the powers of your thought and the good thoughts we have comes from God. Jer 29:11 .Gen 1:27 (NIV)"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
8. Satan also works with our desires. Once he sees our negative desires to have something , he begins to work on us by presenting what we desire as a bait for us to fall into sin .Gen 3:6(NIV)"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. That wrong desire led to the fall of man .
9. As long as you have the desire "Godly desire" , God will show you the way .psalm 32:8 (ESV)"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
10.Once you have a desire , you will receive it . why?. Prov 23:7a "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:" That is why you need to guide your thoughts from having a negative desire .
"If you strongly desire it "Godly desire" you will receive it"
Prayer: Father let your desires become my desires in Jesus name , Amen.