LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF ISAIAH 26:3 (NIV)
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”
10 OPPORTUNITIES TO TRUST IN GOD .
1. When faced with a challenge - You don't fall into self pity , it will only get worse and it will open the door for the enemy to attack you further with depression. See it as an opportunity to trust Him now and key into His peace. Amen. Isaiah 30:15(ESV)"For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” But you were unwilling,”
2. When everything seems to be falling at every point - Is an opportunity for you to trust Him with your faith again . Why? As believers we all live by faith , everything we do is by faith , we pray by faith and we encourage ourselves again by faith . Here is the key - you pray and trust Him . Now this is what it does if you trust Him at such times . Your faith grows, confidence is being built and your prayer at such moments is becoming effective . Is an opportunity. 2 Cor 4:17(NIV)"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”
3. When under severe attack - It is an opportunity to show Him just like the three Hebrew boys in the book of Daniel, that even if you would not save me , I would still not bow down to the devil. This is one thing I know about God , He takes delight when He sees you trust Him like that. He is provoked to step in because of your hardened faith in Him.. Now here is the opportunity , you trust Him you get paid (rewarded) you go back you lose the reward . Heb 10:38,39" Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man drawback, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.”
4. When the enemy is attacking and bombarding you from every side with the spirit of discouragement ,fear, doubt -Simply put -you are close to your finishing line . Don't fall for that trick . Is an opportunity to act your faith and trust Him now. Here is the key found in the book of Zech 8:13(NLT)"Among the other nations, Judah and Israel became symbols of a cursed nation. But no longer! Now I will rescue you and make you both a symbol and a source of blessing. So don't be afraid. Be strong, and get on with rebuilding the Temple!". Key - fear will attract a curse , trust will bring a rescue . go for the opportunity and trust Him.
5. When your faith is being tested by fire - Key - fire only purifies a believer and it cannot consume him . Why? Isaiah 43:2 says when you go through it , not when you stay in the fire .Here is my key when I go "through" the fire/ a serious challenge . I pray more and hold my peace as a weapon , thereby allowing what good the Lord has prepared in the fire to come to me . Job 2:21(ESV)"“Agree with God, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you.”
6. When faced with mockery -A Man of God once said "If they don't mock you , how can God make you". See it is an opportunity . Cross the bridge of mockery and step into your miracle . Listen after Jesus was laughed to scorn , the miracle took place not before . Don't fall for the mockery ,is an opportunity again to trust Him. Go for the miracle and see beyond your shame . Mark 5:40,41 "And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying."Holding her hand, he said to her, "Talithakoum," which means "Little girl, get up!”
7. When the enemy makes you feel your God is a liar.see (Roms 3:4)-Is an opportunity .Time to change gears and prove the devil wrong . This is the key - you remain steadfast and lock unto the word/promise . Most times , the enemy has seen what is coming and tries to discourage you by every means . Is an opportunity . Trust Him. 1 Cor 15:58 (NIV)"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
8. When in doubt - Is an opportunity to trust Him. Why ? His word is what sustains and holds the earth together. (Heb 1:3) So rather than doubt , trust what holds the earth together .His "WORD"! !Psalm 138:2" I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy "WORD" above all thy name.”
9. When you feel helpless - Is an opportunity . Why? He is the God of the helpless. So when the case becomes helpless is an opportunity for you to trust the God of the helpless. Zep 3:19(NLT)"And I will deal severely with all who have oppressed you. I will save the weak and helpless ones; I will bring together those who were chased away. I will give glory and fame to my former exiles, wherever they have been mocked and shamed.”
10. When in face of defeat -two examples from scripture and I am done . Heb 10:38 (ESV)"but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” -If you turn your back you are bound to face the consequences . The three Hebrew boys in the book of Daniel 3:18 braved it and they conquered and were promoted .Daniel 3:30(NLT)"Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to even higher positions in the province of Babylon."
Don't turn back!!
"seize the opportunity and receive your crown "
Prayer: Father help me to trust you at all times in Jesus name , Amen.
You will win !Amen.