LIFE LESSONS FROM HE BOOK OF MARK 4:17 (NIV)
"But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.”
10 WAYS TO ALLOW HIS WORD TAKE ROOT IN YOUR SPIRIT .
1. Despise the shame , if not you will always hinder the word from taking root in your spirit . just simply ignore it and allow the word to do its work in your spirit man.once His promise takes root in your spirit , get ready , it will surely produce the needed results in your life . Is the key . Heb 12:2 (ESV)"looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
2. We live by faith not by sight . your sight (physical senses ) will never encourage you. why? Is never in agreement with the promise/word, His good will for your life. Avoid the offence and let the word take root."Someone once said patience is bitter , but the fruit is sweet". .Roms 8:7 (Amp)"the mind of the flesh [with its sinful pursuits] is actively hostile to God. It does not submit itself to God's law, since it cannot,.”
3. Increase your knowledge of the word . Why? What you know is what will protect you, encourage you , strengthen you ,when affliction and persecution comes as a result of the word. Prov 24:7 (ESV)"If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength"knowledge" is small." .
4. Pray without ceasing - prayer helps your spirit to remain fresh and rooted in God' word .When we pray we receive strength to overcome our challenges and hold on to the very word of God in the midst of our storms. For the word to take root , when you pray focus your mind on the promise with joy and try not to think negatively , it steals your joy. Praying with joy is the key to allowing his word take root in your heart . Remember Luke 18:1 (NLT)"One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.”
5. Anytime you are offended. You stop the word from taking root in your life. The key to avoiding the offence is simple . Count yourself blessed!! anytime you refuse to be offended by reason of the word . Amen. Luke 7:23 "And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.”
6. Be the first to forgive .forgiveness is a powerful tool , when it comes to letting His word take root in our lives. Key - you don't have that time to keep grudges . get your miracle and move on , let it be paramount in your mind. grudges have no rewards , the word does . Amen. . Matt 6:12 (GWT)"Forgive us as we forgive others." Do your part without delay . Amen.
7. Show more kindness still . It helps you to grow more in grace and gives the word deeper roots in your spirit . The reward from your kindness is usually huge . Prov 11:17(NLT)"Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.".your flesh will fight against it , but God loves and honors those who are kind to the very people who despise us.
8. Avoid murmuring and complaining . Key it does more harm than good. It stops the word from taking root in your spirit . So whenever you find yourself in that mode . Remember !!lol. .James 5:9 "Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.". Once in a while we fall for it though , but we try as much as possible to avoid it and just be a blessing . Amen.
9. Turn the offence , worries , complaining into prayer and lay your petition before the Judge of the whole world . let Him handle it and not you . Amen. Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” why? Once the word is sown in your spirit ,the answers will surely come . Gen 8:22
10. Appreciating God always. It helps you to live in peace and not strife . Amen. Remember He has given us His peace which enables the word to take deep roots in our spirit. John 16:33(ESV)"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
"Your root is where your strength lies in times of adversity"
Prayer: Father help me , let your word begin to take root in my life ,so I can receive all the blessings you have in store for me in Jesus name , Amen.
You are blessed!!